Pipe and Cable Locator
SAFE, SIMPLE, QUICK AND RELIABLE
The C.Scope Cable Avoidance / Locator Tool has three familiar detection modes (POWER, RADIO AND GENERATOR) to select from. Each mode provides its own specific advantages. Many operators will be familiar with these operating modes.
The POWER mode is the quickest way to detect most buried electricity cables by detecting the signal created by the electrical current itself.
The RADIO mode detects re-radiated Radio type signals that are often present on metal pipes and cables allowing their position to be determined using just the Cable Avoidance Tool alone.
The GENERATOR mode is used to detect the signal applied to a metal pipe or cable by a C.Scope SGA or SGV Signal Generator. In addition the Generator mode can be used to detect the signal being transmitted by a C.Scope Sonde for non-metallic pipe tracing.
When combined with a C.Scope SGA or SGV Signal Generator and accessories, the Cable Avoidance Tool becomes a versatile, all round pipe and cable locating and tracing package. Robustly made and equipped with LCD meter, detachable loudspeaker and easy-to-operate fingertip controls the C.Scope Cable Avoidance Tool is the ideal Locator for all levels of staff who need to be able to detect buried services quickly and with confidence.
- Push button depth measurement.
- Power Mode.
- Radio Mode.
- Generator Mode:
– 33kHz frequency detection for locating utilities.
- High resolution Liquid Crystal Display indicating
– Battery Condition
– Signal Strength
– Mode selected.
- Real Audio response rather than a digitally reproduced version.
- Excellent signal to interference ratio leaving a clear, crisp signal response.
- Provision for spare battery storage within the Cable Avoidance Tool
- Retractable loudspeaker that you can replace if it is damaged without the need to get the unit recalibrated.
- Annual Calibration checks required.
- Fully weatherproof design to IP65
- Three year warranty (conditions apply).
- Free ACT Calibration Certificate
On/off control. Press for ‘on’, release for ‘off’. Battery check tone at switch on.
3 position function select switch:
– P – Power Mode for detecting live imbalanced cables.
– R – Radio Mode for detecting re-radiated radio signals.
– G – Generator Mode for detecting conductors carrying the signal generated by the C.Scope Signal Generator or from the Sonde Transmitter.
Push button to activate depth measurement.
Large, easy to read liquid crystal display. Shock resistant, mounted behind polycarbonate lens for maximum protection.
The display indicates: Signal strength, Battery condition, Confirmation of selected mode, Depth in G mode.
P – 50-400 Hz R – 15-20 kHz G – 33 kHz
Depth of detection
Live mode up to 3m, Sonde mode up to 6m
Shallow depth indication – less than 0.25m
8 x AA (IEC type LR6), Typical life (guide) – 40 hours.
3.0 kgs (including batteries), Moisture/dust resistant to IP65.
Largest stockist in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, UAE, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Oman.